FAQs for Account Security
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about account security on AscendEX:
1. Can I change my login password?
Yes. Users can modify their login passwords. To protect an account, we recommend that users change their login password regularly, as often as once every two months.
2. Is there a time limit for the availability of deposit and withdrawal functions after I change my login password?
Yes. The deposit and withdrawal functions are not available for 24 hours after users modify their login passwords.
3. Can I check my account security level?
Yes. Users can check their account security level on their PC via the profile icon-Account Security.
4. Is account verification useful?
Account verification helps enhance users’ account security and users are entitled to more benefits, such as higher withdrawal amounts, once verified.
5. Can I alter my signup phone?
Yes. Users can bind a new phone to their account after unbinding their old one.
For users who lost access to their phones, please log into the AscendEX official website and click on [Help] on the bottom right of the page to submit your email address, specify your issue and provide the information below:
- The last four numbers of your ID used to register for an account
- The phone number currently linked to your account and the country code of the phone number
- Applicants should provide a screenshot regarding two historical actions they performed under their accounts such as a deposit & withdrawal or a transaction.
Please make sure the screenshot is clear and the content is legible
After our Customer Support verifies the info and unbinds your previous phone number, you can bind a new phone number to your account.
6. Can I alter my signup email address?
Yes. Users can bind a new email address to their account after unbinding their old one.
For users who have lost access to their email, please log into the AscendEX official website and click on [Help] on the bottom right of the page to submit the following information:
- Your account email
- Problem description
- Your new email addresses in the pop-up window
Then provide the materials required as below in attachments:
A. Photos of the front and back pages of your ID used for identity authentication.
B. A selfie photo of you holding the ID and a piece of paper with your personal signature as well as;
- The original email used to register for the account;
- The current date
- The new account email and an explanation for the change request
- “AscendEX will not be held accountable for any asset loss caused by the change of my account email” should be written on the page.
C. The full-screen screenshot of the My Account page (with the nickname changed to the new account email).
D. Applicants should provide a screenshot of two historical actions they performed under their accounts such as a deposit & withdrawal or a transaction. Please make sure the screenshot content is clear and recognizable.
After our Customer Support verifies the info and unbinds your previous email address, you can bind a new one to your account.
Please note, the new email address should be one that has not been used for registration on AscendEX before.
7. Can I remove Google 2FA Authentication from my account?
Yes. Users can disable the Google 2FA authentication for their accounts, but we strongly recommend that users enable this function. Using Google 2FA authentication will strengthen your account security in actions such as withdrawal, security setting, API management, etc. and help prevent account theft.
8. Can I select a way to receive the notifications?
Yes. Users can log in to their AscendEX account and modify their notification settings using the following methods:
For App Users: Navigate to profile Icon-Notification Setting
For PC Users: Navigate to the profile Icon-Account Security-Notification Setting
9. Can I unset the anti-phishing code?
No. The anti-phishing code function is not allowed to be disabled once it has been set, but the code can be modified anytime. Please see below to learn more:
How to set an anti-phishing code (PC)
How to set an anti-phishing code (APP)
10. How can I unfreeze a frozen account?
To unfreeze a frozen account, users can send an email to our customer support at email@example.com to start the application. Provide photos of the back and front pages of the ID document for identity authentication. After verifying the info, our Customer Support will unfreeze your frozen account.
11. Can I check what devices have logged into my account?
Yes. AscendEX supports device login management. Users can manage devices that are logged into their accounts via the profile icon-Account Security-Device Management on their PC.